Randall Munroe of xkcd does a great job communicating science and math ideas. Here is some of his stuff about topics we’re covering right now.
- Units (adult language warning): http://xkcd.com/526/
- Dimensional analysis: http://xkcd.com/687/
- Hacking fundamental constants: http://xkcd.com/1047/
- Fermi estimation, then a better estimation: https://what-if.xkcd.com/84/
- Remember Fermi estimations are sometimes all you need, and certainly all you need to get started!
- A post about bird poop that incorporates many of these ideas: https://what-if.xkcd.com/11/